Our objective is as follows:
- FDT is determined to engage with other organisations that share our vision through strategic partnerships to amplify FDT’s impact and create a groundswell of skills for the built environment sector which we believe plays a critical role in the advancement of South Africa’s economy and quality of life.
- The FDT invites companies and individuals to support this vision by making monetary contributions and/ or opportunities for the bursary beneficiaries through additional funding which will significantly impact more students – and gradually making a positive input in the upliftment of our economy.
A partnership with FDT will have the following benefits
- Contributing towards the National Development Plan (NDP) goals
- Contributing towards addressing the critical skills challenge in the country
- Income tax benefit on investments made to the FDT Programme
- Earn points towards the skills development element of the B-BBEE Codes of Good Practice
- Access to qualified graduates for internships/ learnerships and graduate programmes
The Training Centre
In 2016, FDT acquired a craft training Centre which is based in Secunda and has trained over 40 000 artisans. The Training Centre has been in existence for over 30 years and has established itself as a nationally accredited, reputable training provider and decentralized trade test Centre. The Training Centre is also seen as strategic in increasing the pipeline of craft resources that can be employed on our various infrastructure projects as well as help reduce the high unemployment amongst our youth.