BURSARY ADMINISTRATION (DISBURSEMENTS AND REPORTING)
BURSARY FUND MANAGEMENT
Bursary Fund Management
FDT has implemented stringent financial controls for payments and provides real-time financial reporting. We audited annually and provide financial reporting to all partners and stakeholders on the disbursement of funds upon request. Issuing of Section 18A certificates for tax and BEE purposes is also done upon request.
BURSARY CONTRACT MANAGEMENT
Bursary Contract Management
FDT has developed a contracts management process and put in place agreements that govern the bursary allocation. The agreements will stipulate the following as a minimum, terms and conditions, student academic performance, conduct, community outreach requirements, etc.
We have established close relationships with our partner tertiary institutions, which in turn strengthens accountability to all stakeholders.
STUDENT SELECTION MANAGEMENT
All our students are taken through a process which leads to acceptance of our academic conditions/criteria that ensures FDT’s mandate and accountability with stakeholders is always maintained across all levels.
The Student Selection process entails the following:
- Identification and Recruitment of candidates
- In depth Student profile analysis
- Selection and interview
- Develop a short-list that complies with the Trust Deed requirements
- Solicit Trustee Approval
- Make awards to successful students.
CLIENT RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT (CRM)
FDT has implemented a fully functional CRM system for managing all our donors, partners, contacts and beneficiaries. The CRM system has the following pillars:
- Record – details of higher institutions, service providers and students as well as claims and payments.
- Review – applicant information for easy decision making.
- Interact – record phone calls, emails, letters, meetings and events.
- Communicate – by email, SMS via ad-hoc or pre-defined lists.